12/17/10

15 Months

My baby girl is 15 months old today. WOW!  The time is sure flying by! She is unlike any 15 month old I've ever raised.  She is waaaaay more busy and active then all 3 of my boys combined.  Some of her favorite things to do are:  play in the toilet, drag toilet paper all over the house, empty her dresser drawers (I've NEVER had a kid do this!!), empty the kitchen cupboards and drawers,  drag the clean laundry all over the house, throw Legos from the Lego bucket ALL OVER THE PLACE.  She is absolutely non stop!  On Tuesday, she ripped 2 keys off my laptop (thanks Darren for fixing it!) How does that even happen?  She totally loves to bug her big brothers by breaking their Legos and scribbling on their art work.  Don't even try opening the refrigerator when Miss B. is around because fast as lightening she will rip all the straws off the Capri Suns that are housed in the fridge door.  Not only that but she loves to throw anything within reach out of the fridge.  It's truly amazing how fast she is!  At her 15 month check up yesterday, Dr. James noticed that she hasn't gained any weight since her last appt.  Then he observed her BUSY behavior and realized there was nothing to worry about!  As of yesterday, she is 30.5 inches (54%) tall, weighs 20.3 pounds (14%) and has a head circumference of 17.8 inches (33%).  She screamed the whole appointment as if she knew Dr. James was gonna give her the MMR, Hep A, and varicella shots. While super busy, here are some amusing and funny things about my baby girl at 15 months.  She can wave "bye bye" and YELL, "ELLO" (hello) to everyone she sees.  If you ask her a question, she says, "mmmmmm" like she's thinking of the answer or doesn't know how she'll tell you the answer. If the boys start laughing about something, she will too.  Her laugh is loud and squeaky.  I looove it!  She loves to sit on my lap in the morning while I put on my makeup.  I hand her powder brushes and eyebrow brushes and she uses them like I do. I've waited YEARS for that one! She can out eat any one of my boys.  She is ALWAYS hungry and wanting to eat (is that not a true girl?) When she wants something she yells "MAAAA, MAAAAA" until I get her what she wants. She is addicted to her binky but since I'm not a very nice mom, I only let her have it at night. She has done pretty well with keeping her sticky hands off the Christmas tree ornaments. but loves to rip them off Ledger's little tree in his room. When she eats a pancake for breakfast, she insists on using the fork by herself.  When she is finished eating, she uses the fork as a comb and runs it all through her clean hair.  She looooves to show you her belly button but still gets a little confused on where her nose and ears are. She is a smartie pants! 
I can't believe this baby GIRL is mine.  Although she is VERY active, she is fun and entertaining. Even though I can't take her ANYWHERE, I still love being at home watching her "explore" (a nice word for DESTROY!) and learn about the world.  She is amazing! Love you Busy Miss B.!
So pretty on the scale at Dr. James office.  Is it just me or does she look longer and thinner then last time we were here? 
This picture cracks me up.  She was a bawling mess the whole appointment and I was right there snapping pictures of it all!  

2 comments:

nevedobson said...

haha! but at least she has her necklace on.

Anne said...

This is so cute and they are too funny. Kate went to the doctor today and she tried so hard to be unfriendly to him but she finally couldn't resist since he's so good with them. They are funny little busy bees, though, and I am cracking up that you haven't had a busy baby before, lucky you! :)