
Trophy winners, Katy, Brody and Case.

Coach Jeff and Brody.

Brody and the 7 year old boys and girls.

Case and Coach Jeff.

Case with the 6 and under boys and girls.


Sugar and Brody.

Ledger and Mom.

Case, Brody and cousin Madden.

Katy and Ledger
Last week the boys finished up their summer swim season with an awards banquet and dinner. While I was happy that it was finished, I was a little sad thinking about it being Coach Jeff''s last summer with the kids. Coach Jeff was the swim coach back when Jeremy and I were on swim team. He is really good as a coach. He is super patient and really wants the kids to succeed. He loves swimming and it shows in his coaching. I will really miss him and his dedication.

So we arrive to the clubhouse for the banquet and the waitress comes to our table and asks the kids and I if we want something to drink. I repeat the question to the boys who all respond, "Root beer!" The waitress then says to me, "You know, Root beer has caffeine in it so I would really recommend something such as Sprite or Lemonade." Taken back by her response, I say, "Oooo-K, I guess they'll have Sprite." Weird but whatever! The banquet went great. The boys each received participation trophy and Case even received a "Most Improved" swimmer trophy. After the banquet, we threw on our suits and headed over to the pool for a night of swimming and fun. It was the perfect way to end the 2010 summer swim season.
No comments:
Post a Comment