I wanted to thank you for the wonderful job you are doing as Bishop. I have really noticed how you are trying to get the ward together more often for activities. Although difficult, I like how you invite us to come to sacrament 10 minutes early to listen to the music and settle in. If you don't mind though, I would like to make a small suggestion that I feel will help the well being of everyone in the ward. You see Bishop, as I type this, my almost all male family is away at the Father's and Sons camp out near Globe. As you know Bishop, I LOVE my boys so so much. They are my life and I really think they are the cutest boys on earth! However, since they left yesterday at 3:00 in the afternoon, I have been able to accomplish more things then I have in the past 7 months. I was able to wash, fold and put away that big mountain of laundry that had piled up. I cleaned out my pantry last night while blasting 20/20 on the T.V. This morning, I danced with my little lady in the kitchen while listening to Taylor Swift on my computer. (Normally, I would be flipping pancakes and wiping up spilled milk. ) Miss Berkley slept for 2 whole hours because my house was so quiet this morning! And Bishop, are you ready for this. I vacuumed my whole house AND mopped the floor. Do you even understand how amazing this is? This is unheard of around here. So Bishop, I ask you now. Is there a reason we don't have Father's and Sons once a month? Really! If you could see how clean and organized my house is right now, you might see why I am requesting this small little thing. My stomach is fluttering because I am so happy! I feel like I can now make it through the day. Like I have conquered the world. I do realize how silly I am sounding right now, but I am ecstatic, giddy, happy beyond words. So it made me think, other Mom's in the ward must be feeling the same happiness as me right? Think about it Bishop, happy Mom's equal happy husbands and kids right? So why can't we work it out that the hubby's take the kiddos to a camp out once a month? Is it the budget, lack of time, too hard to organize? I think I could put together a committee to plan and prepare the whole thing so you don't have to worry. So whatta ya say Bishop? Would you consider my plea or at least bring it up at your next meeting? Let me know how I can help get the ball rolling on this VERY important matter.
Sincerely Yours,
Lindsey Wood- Felstead
4 comments:
Love love LOVE your idea Lindsey! If only ... !
I totally 100% agree! My boys went this weekend & it was soo relaxing. I think you should throw in something about them having to do all the cleaning that's required after a campout though. Just when everything gets clean & laundry gets done it starts all over!! I'm glad you enjoyed your girl time!!
OH!! I'll be on the committee too!! If only I could get my boys to go. I am sure if it were once a month they could go to most of them!! I guess it's nice to dream isn't it!!
I have to say, in Ward Council, every time someone asks for something I say, "Hey, I asked for teachers first!" But, I think this is one matter I might let slip by. ;)
But I think they should have to stay longer. Mine came home WAY too early!
Post a Comment