4/20/10

This Is Only A Test!!

Why does this two year old cutie continue to test my patience each day?  It's as if he doesn't know the rules and boundaries of the house.  It's as if he is given no freedom in the daily decision making and he is frustrated and mad ALL THE TIME!! What is wrong with two year olds?  They are crazy, moody, up and down, a little bipolar at times.  It's making me tired, frustrated, angry, tired some more!! This kid will protest just about anything just to make a point.  He cannot be calmed down or talked out of the situation like my other two could.  He is head strong and determined to make everyone around him miserable.  He has no problem voicing his opinion in a LOUD LOUD screaming way.  He is driving us all crazy.  We're ready to ship him off to boot camp or boarding school for preschoolers.  Yesterday we loaded up in the car like we do pretty much every Monday morning to take Case to preschool (on Country Club and University by the way!).  Ledger was fine as we pulled out of our driveway and out of our street.  Then, out of no where, like a bolt of lightening, he decided he didn't want to go to preschool.  He started complaining that he didn't want to go with us.  "Sorry Ledger, I can't leave you at home by yourself." I calmly explained over and over.  We picked up Jefferson and by time we left his street Ledger was in a full screaming, crying fit.  He yelled in that horrible voice of his, "I DON'T WANNA GO TO PRESCHOOL!" I swear he must have said this 900 times!! I kept telling him very calmly to stop screaming.  Telling him that if he didn't he was going to get soap in his mouth.  Do you think he cared?  NOOOOOOOOOO.  He proceeded to scream and cry for a full 20 minutes.  All the while my blood pressure is rising and I am getting a very strong death grip on that steering wheel of mine.  By time we pulled up to the preschool I had heard enough.  By now I was crazy and mad!!  I yanked that screaming 2 year old out of his car seat and threw him over my shoulder.  He continued screaming which was a bit alarming and disruptive to those cute preschool kids (Sorry Miss Jody!) I dragged him into that cute ducky bathroom, slammed the door, and the crazy Mom in me came out... along with the soap.  I won't go into the gory details, but let's just say it was not pretty.  I was MAD!! After a few squirts of ducky soap in that loud mouth of his, he was done.  Just like that.  DONE.  No more crying, no more fussing...DONE!  We calmly jumped back in the car, ran some errands and made it back home at 12:00.  The rest of the day he was fine.  Perfect in fact!  Adorable and charming.  I'm telling ya...2 year olds are CRAZY!! He did this very same thing a couple of weeks ago at Miss Carolyns.  It's weird and confusing.  Is it something he is eating?  Is he not getting enough sleep? Am I not spending enough quality time with him? Is it just time to call the psychologist?  What is this?  I know...this is a test!  A test to see if I can survive the terrible two's.  Well guess what Ledger man?  I will pass this test and I will pass it with flying colors.  I will ace this test and you will grow up to be a happy, kind, nice 3 year old. Go ahead...show me what you've got cause I'm not giving up and I will win!  I am MOM...hear me ROAR!!! ROOOOOOOOOOAR!!

8 comments:

Ashley Harris said...

Oh I loved every word of that post! I felt like I was reliving some of the twins two year old moments and preparing myself for what is to come with my (currently) sweet baby Wyatt. You'll make it through! You're an awesome momma with INCREDIBLE kids and Ledger will turn out great too!

Unknown said...

You'll be seeing this post, copy & pasted on my blog, so stay tuned!! I'm telling you Linds, Ledger & Cooper were split in half at some point & we have eachother's toddler. I haven't done the soap yet, but it's in his future since Coop won't stay in time-out. You are going to get through it, because if you don't I won't have any hope. I'm all for the idea of getting them together & letting them scream at eachother. Great idea, Linds. It was great seeing you the other night too.

Anne said...

I certainly don't have everything figured out but I read about "Sassy Spray" (squirt bottle vinegar) on someone's blog and loved the idea instantly. Now whenever Will is talking back or disobeying, all I have to do is ask if he's being sassy and he sobers up and says "No Mom! I not bein' sassy!" Even so he wears me out some days! Funny how kids are the best and the worst all at once it seams. You're an amazing mom and just what Ledger needs, though. Stick with it and pray our baby girls stay little for a while yet!

nevedobson said...

HAHAHA...

glad to hear i'm not the only mom that utterly loses it sometimes.

him and emmi will make a TERRIBLE couple if they both don't grow out of this stage. actually, maybe they will be perfect for each other...

Libby said...

Send him over here! He's just the way Jackson used to be (and still is at times!) but for the most part he's a sweetie. It's gonna get better. The real test will be next year at Miss Jody's. I had to pick Jackson up twice when he was Ledger's age due to his screaming!!!

Ashley Asay said...

Ledger and Brooklyn must come from the same mold because she is exactly the same way - 100% bipolar! I need to try the soap thing because Heaven knows the Time Out thing isn't really working anymore!

Meg said...

Oh, I loved this post! It's so true; those two-year olds can drive us crazy! :) You have awesome kids and are a wonderful mom. You'll make it through and yes, he'll make it through, too!

Davis Family Ü said...

Ok...we are living the same hell right now. Blake is almost 3 and he is worse than the other 2 were about that kind of thing.. I think he feels like he needs to be louder and stronger than the other kids to be heard/get his way... It sucks! I have had many, many days like this!!! It makes me feel old.. dont' know what to tell you except it has to get better!!If you ever want to do playdates, call me for a break...480-964-3478
Kim Davis:)