Ledger the astronaut/cowboy thought decorating his tree was fun.
He loved all the pretty ornaments.
As expected, Brody was totally into decorating his tree. He loved looking at all the ornaments he's made in the past. His tree looks awesome.
Don't judge me but I'm that Mom who doesn't let her kids decorate the Christmas tree. I feel terrible about this but I just can't help it. You see, every Christmas we host parties...quite a few parties. This year, we are the hosts to 3 parties at our house. That may not seem like a lot, but YOU try keeping your house perfectly picked up for 3 parties. I promise, it's not easy!! Because of this, I have a need to have a Christmas tree that is, well...not kid decorated. Don't get me wrong. I love, love, love the cute ornaments my kids make me every year in school. I treasure them as a matter of fact. I just don't hang them on MY tree for all our guests to see. Is that bad? It is huh!! Well to solve this issue, Jeremy and I bought each of the boys their OWN Christmas tree to decorate. We help them each string lights on their trees and then let them decorate it how ever they want. We help them and do it together, as a family (does that help?). We love pulling out the old ornaments and especially the ones they have made. We let them sleep with their lights on at night which is festive and pretty (right?) I'm feeling super guilty as I write this...can you tell?! Anyhow...their trees look wonderful (as does mine!) and we had a great time decorating all the trees today. Now if I could only find my snowmen and trees to decorate my nitch!
p.s. Not sure why I don't have a picture of the Case Man but I will get one tomorrow and post it later!
4 comments:
DO NOT feel guilty. You are THE BEST mom ever!!! :) And seriously, I think my kids would PREFER their own trees, and couldn't care less about decorating our tree if it meant they had their own.
No worries.
:) The boys trees look darling.
I am laughing so hard, because the Christmas tree is a touchy subject around our house. Guys calls me the tree scrouge! We are moving right after Christmas this year so we are having a charlie brown Christmas over here! I didn't want to deal with all the mess so we just put up our 6ft tree and the kids got to do whatever they wanted to it. Guy claims it is the best Christmas yet, but I told him not to get used to it, it will never happen again! I love decorating for the holidays!
This is totally us at our house too! Jeff doesn't understand why The girls have their own purple glitter tree and why I can't have their cute ornaments on MY tree! Kenzi insisted on putting her favorite ornament on MY tree and I later moved it to the back of the tree! Talk about feeling GUILTY!
I can't imagine the stress of hosting parties at my home...no way! Bring the boys over on the days of the party and I will watch them for you so you can get all ready and keep your house clean. seriously....let me help!
The trees look great! I want to see the other ones!
I do the same thing. The boys have a tree and Elle has her own Pink tree. You'll have to get one really girly tree for Berkley next year!
Post a Comment