8/7/09

School Supplies

Is there anything better then brand new school supplies?  As a child I loved going back to school shopping for school supplies with my Mom (not to mention clothes shopping!).  The smell of brand new crayons, unsharpened pencils, notebooks that had never been opened, I loved it all.  Today we made a quick trip to Target to get Brody's school supplies.  I was in Heaven!  I wanted to buy everything (especially the .25 cent boxes of 24 Crayola crayons!!)  Brody had his list from his new teacher and made sure to check each item off the list as he found it.  He was a little bummed to find out that the school supplies are to be shared by the class, which I have to say, I would too!  I mean, I know it's important to share.  As a first grade teacher, my students had to share most their supplies too. But those un-used Crayons, super sharp pencils, and un-clogged glue bottles are so hard to part with at the beginning of the school year!  It's really the only time of year this happens.  By October, all the school supplies are beyond used up.  The crayons are dull and need the paper peeled off them.  The pencils have lost their eraser or have been sucked on by some other kid and don't work.  The glue bottles are clogged and barely use able. It's terrible!  I'm going to try extra hard this year to buy fresh, new school supplies for Brody....even if they are to be shared with the class!!

Brody with his back to school supply list.

Checking it off the list!

Case found some water colors for Miss Jody even though we haven't recieved her supply list yet! We got her a few more goodies for school too...Shhhh, don't tell!
  
Glue sticks were on the list.  Who likes glue sticks anyway?  Elmer's white glue is the best!!!

No comments: