6/21/09

Father's Day

Last years beach picture.  Can't wait to get a new one this year!




I'm sad to admit this, but Father's Day is not one of my favorite days.  To me, it's just another reminder that my Dad is gone.  I miss him so much, especially on this day.  I'm jealous that everyone else I know is celebrating with their Dad on this day.  Everyone but me! I usually make a trip to the cemetery with the boys to eat Gummy Bears (my Dad's favorite candy) and talk about Grandpa Harvey.  This year it just didn't work out and I didn't get to go.  I'm trying to be more positive now that I have a husband who is a Father himself.  I'm trying to focus on him.  He is a great father and loves his boys so much!  Today after church we met up with Jeremy's Mom and Dad at Macaroni Grill for lunch and then went to see the movie "Imagine That." (I know it's Sunday, but it's the only time we could all get together!) I wish I could tell you if it was good or not, but I spent most of my time in the lobby with a very sleepy and noisy third child!  The boys seemed to like it so that's good!  Speaking of church, I was in charge of sharing time today.  I had 3 father's from the ward dress in funny clothes and wear a paper bag on their head.  The paper bags had these weird faces on them and every time the Father's would speak, they would disguise their voices.  The primary kids took turns asking the father's questions to try and figure out who's father it was.  It was super fun and the kids loved it!  Anyway, I'm happy that this day is almost over but hope all of you enjoyed your day with your Father!   

5 comments:

Libby said...

I can't believe how much Brody has grown up since that picture. Crazy! Sounds like you had a busy day. Happy Father's Day to Jeremy!

Kristy Treible said...

Hang in there girl! I can't even imagine your emotions on this day my best friend Mandi lost her dad of a heart attack a few years ago and she is having a hard time too. I am so sorry. I am glad you got to spend the day with your adorable boys and their amazing father! Love the picture! When you guys going to the beach? We are trying to go in the next week or two I HOPE!!

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, You are such a sweet little Mom to those boys - I am sure your dad is so proud of you and who you have become. Just remember how short this life really is...you'll be with him again.

Leah said...

I'm so sorry that Father's Day is such a hard day for you. :( I can only just imagine how much it hurts. Kudos to you for trying to see the positive!

I'm jealous that you got to go to Macaroni Grill...it's one of my favorite restaurants!

Your sharing time activity was great! I don't know when I've ever heard the kids laugh so much! :D

Leslie said...

I am sorry Lindsay that Fathers day is so hard for you!! I am sure your dad is so proud of you and your family!!

My Jeremy had a great time helping you in sharing time!! And the kids seemed like they had a blast!!

I am hoping to go to the beach soon but not sure if it will actually happen!! I hope you guys have a great time when you go!!