June 2nd. A day that will forever haunt me. The day my Dad was killed on his tractor on our farm. My life changed forever that day. Jeremy says I haven't been the same since. My Mom says some of the changes aren't so bad. My world flipped upside down that day. 10 years ago today. 10 years...sounds like a long time doesn't it? Some days it feels like yesterday. Other days I can't remember. The anger is unimaginable. The pain is worse. The three BOYS I am raising, without their grandpa, the man who loved to hunt, fish, live outdoors. The man who taught me to fish, snow ski, water ski. The man who told me daily that I was smart, beautiful and that I could be anything I wanted to be because I had all the qualities required to succeed. The man who could express it all to me by just a simple look. A quiet look. The late night rides to the farm to irrigate just so he could warn me about boys (mostly Jeremy!)
The TALK!! Oh how I miss him! I wonder what he would think of me now. How would he feel about these boys of mine? How different our lives would be, especially mine. I would give anything for a late night drive to the farm. Just him and I. I love you Dad and miss you like it was yesterday.
9 comments:
Such a beautiful tribute to your dad. He was an awesome man. I'm sure you are making him VERY proud.
I know your dad would be very proud of you and those sweet little boys. Sounds like your dad was an awesome man.
I'm sorry for you loss :( I think your Dad would be very proud of you. You have a beautiful family!
Thanks, Linds. I was wondering what I could write to do dad justice. Your post did just that. I hope you guys had a good dinner last night.
TEARS...that was so sweet Lindsay..I am so sorry that you still struggle with this daily...I never new your dad, but from what I heard he was an amazing man!! I know he is looking down from heaven and seeing what an AMAZING mommy you are and you are doing a WONDERFUL job raising your boys!!! One day you will all be together again as a family!!!
TEARS...that was so sweet Lindsay..I am so sorry that you still struggle with this daily...I never new your dad, but from what I heard he was an amazing man!! I know he is looking down from heaven and seeing what an AMAZING mommy you are and you are doing a WONDERFUL job raising your boys!!! One day you will all be together again as a family!!!
I loved your daddy! He would be (and is) so proud of you and your sweet boys. Just think, your little girl and him are bonding up in heaven. I'm sure he's giving her an earful of advice!!! I'll never forget that day either! I was just actually thinking about it all the other day. Wow, 10 years!
I can't believe it has been 10 yrs. I remember hearing the news and feeling so incredibly overwhelmed with sadness for you. He IS so proud of you and the family you have made! I'm sure he lives in your boys. I hope you, your mom, HC, and Ashley made it through the day ok.
i had no idea! he taught you well! he would definitely be proud of what a great mother you are. and i am sure that in those quiet tender moments of motherhood you will somehow feel your dad or see him in your children! death is never easy, but especially when its a surprise. we are not quite prepared for the void that is left. hopefully time will heal your heart!
Post a Comment