10/23/08

One Proud Kindergarten Mom!

So today Jeremy and I attended our first parent-teacher conference for Brody.  I have to say that I was little nervous to meet with the teacher.  Not because I was worried about what she would say about Brody (what could you say other then he is AWESOME!) but because as a former teacher, I'm used to being on the other end of things.  I'm usually the one talking to the parents about their little darlings.  Anyhow, the conference was great and Brody is doing super in kindergarten!  He made honor roll for having a 95% or higher GPA.  He is so smart!  He loves to learn and do homework.  As the teacher was showing us his report card, Jeremy and I were more concerned about him socially...Does he have friends? Who are his friends? What does he do on the playground? Does he seem happy? It's so hard to tell with him. Sometimes he can't stop talking about school, and other times he has nothing to say at all.  My hope for him is that he continues to learn in an environment that is positive and enriching.  I hope that he has lots of friends and has fun with them.  I am so proud of this little kindergartner! 

1 comment:

Libby said...

Hey Lindsey-
Ash told me about your blog so I had to check it out. It's super cute!!! I love all of your pix. I'm adding you onto my sidebar if that's ok so that we (the boys and myself) can check in on you guys. I'm so happy to hear that Brody is loving KG! Yeah! They can't wait to see the boys on Friday.