7/1/15

Swim Banquet

 It's hard to believe the summer 2015 swim season is over.  The summer has flown by!  Coach Gideon, Anna and Brian have been great.  I am grateful for their patience and love for each of the kids on the team. 
 You are looking at the 6 and under kids with their participation trophies.  This is a cute little group of kids. I especially love the one in the colorful blue and pink dress on the far left.
There she is!  My favorite 5 year old swimmer.  This little lady is such an athlete.  She loves butterfly and freestyle.  She is the best!
 Here are the 7 and 8 year old swimmers.  Its a small little group but if you notice, it's mostly boys.  These are some of Ledgers dearest friends.  He is lucky to have such a great group.  
Ledger showing off his participation trophy.  This little guy has really become a great swimmer this year.  It's like it clicked this year with him and he has excelled.  I am so proud of Ledger.  He is a great little backstroke and freestyler.  
 This is the 9-10 swimmers.  This is a fun group of kids. I think the boy on the far left in the green and tan shirt is the cutest!
 Case won the most improved swimmer this year.  This boy was amazing in the water this summer.  His goal was to break the butterfly record and he came super close.  I am beyond proud of him.  He listens and makes improvements to his strokes each day.  He has done a fantastic job with his underwater backstroke streamline.  Great job Case!
 Brody was unable to attend the championships and banquet this week due to a 6 night scout campout. He was super bummed to miss this last week of swimming but knew that the campout was important.  Brody was the Scarborough winner tonight for the second year in a row.  This is the highest award a Mesa Country Club swimmer can receive.  It is given based on attendance, sportsmanship, attitude and respect.  I am so proud of Brody for earning this award.  He works so hard every day.  He has a great attitude and always tries his best. Since Brody wasn't there, Ledger accepted his award for him.  Congrats Brody man.  I love you so much and am so proud of you.
 This was a fun summer of swimming.  There were 11 cousins that swam this summer which made it even better.  Here are a few of us.
It was fun having Hunter at the banquet tonight.  My boys love when he is around.
 After the dinner and awards ceremony tonight, we headed out to the pool for swimming and games.  
 Finley, Berkley, Katy, Brielle, Ava and Roxy.  Such a fun night.  I am so grateful to my mom who only keeps her membership at MCC so that the kids can enjoy to month of June.  These are some of the greatest memories Jeremy and I have as kids.  I can only hope our kids will look back on these days as some of their favorite.  They will sure be mine.

No comments: