Now that Brody is in fourth grade, he is able to play an instrument in the orchestra. After a quick trip to our favorite store Milano's, he decided on the cello. Brody goes to orchestra practice on Monday and Thursday right after school. He is really enjoying his new instrument.
Tonight we were able to attend his first ever orchestra concert. I wasn't really sure what to expect being that this is our first time, but can I just tell you I was really impressed. The orchestra played about 5 short numbers. They were pretty dang good considering they have only been playing since September.
Brody's orchestra teacher had these kiddos playing together and enjoying every minute. I was really impressed!
Today Brody told me that his goal in life is to learn to play 10 instruments. What an amazing goal to have for a 9 year old. Since I don't play any instruments, I was super excited that he has such enthusiasm for music. Brody also informed me that he has already played 5 instruments in his life. Tone bells, key board, piano, recorder and cello.
Nanny and Papa were able to join us for a quick dinner at PF Changs and then the concert.
So were Sugar and Jim
This is truly an amazing kid. There is something so awesome about the way this boy uses his hands. I am constantly telling him that there is something very special about his fingers. I think they are going to do something wonderful one day. So proud of you Brody!







1 comment:
Cello is my favorite instrument!!
Post a Comment