9/18/10

One Year Ago...



I sat in a hospital room eating grilled ham and cheese sandwiches from the cafeteria.  It had been 24 hours since I had welcomed a cute baby girl into our family.  Her name was still unknown.  I had dressed and redressed her at least 6 times in that 24 hour period.  I sat and stared at her all smothered in PINK!  She had huge flower headbands covering her tiny head and tutu's of every color to match.  She was soft and oh so PINK!  I cried over and over from the burning I had in my abdomen from the C-Section.  I held her and cried.  I couldn't believe this bundle of PINK was MINE.  I had wanted her for a looooong time.  I loved each of my boys tremendously, but wanted this cute pinkness so so bad!  I had waited patiently and she was finally here!  After deciding on the perfect name for her, we brought her home to our rambunctious and rowdy family.  She fit in great and grew to love each of her brothers.  They loved her too...a little too much! She ate, pooped, slept, and grew.  She rolled over, sat up, crawled, stood up and walked.  And now here I am, one year later happy to say she survived it all!  Oh there were times I worried.  As each of the boys would pick her up and run across the house with her dangling from their little arms.  Or the times she would be splashing her hands in the toilet that one of the boys had just used (yes I know boys don't flush the toilet!) The many days I find her on top of my bathtub steps, on the fireplace, or even the playroom chairs.  These times have all caused me reason to worry.  But I am happy to say that yesterday we celebrated the first birthday of our baby girl and she was there celebrating with us!! We had the pinkest party you can imagine along with the pinkest cupcakes ever made (more on that later).  So at one year old here is what I can tell you about little Miss B:

*She loves to scream.  It's loud and frequent and makes my brain do a little spasm thing.  It's not a good thing and is really making us all crazy.
*Her favorite thing to say is "UH OH!" She also says, "All Done!" clear as can be.  
*She loves drinking from a sippy cup but also loves to throw it across the room when she is finished with it.
*She is enjoying using a fork to eat with.  I get the food on the fork and hand it to her and she puts it in her mouth.
*Her brothers continue to be the love of her life.
*If you hand her a cracker, she will crunch it with her hand and then drop all the little pieces on the ground.
*She loves to pull her flower out of her hair, throw it across the car, house, grocery store, etc. and then say, "UH OH!"
*She also loves to throw her binky out of her crib and then scream until you come stick it back in her mouth.  That game is going to end SOON!
*She (and I) are ADDICTED to her binky!
*Her favorite foods are fruits and veggies she can eat on her own.  She loves blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, asparagus, green beans, cheese, mandarin oranges.  She is not a huge meat eater which I can totally relate to.
*She started walking last week.  She is a pro but is not patient enough to do it all the time cause it's just too slow.
*She is the fastest crawler I've ever seen!
*She has tons of fun emptying my cabinets and cupboards.
*She doesn't seem to mind that I dress her like a super girly girl even though I think she is gonna be a tomboy (like me!)
*She looks waaaay cute in PINK!
*She rides to the bus stop with us every morning on the tricycle that I push.  It's pretty cute if I may say so!
*She loves throwing things.  Legos, balls, toys.  She has  pretty good arm (maybe she'll be a ball player!)
*She is a flirt.
*When you pick her up to carry her on your hip, she wraps her legs around you super tight. Maybe she learned this from all those trips across the house from her brothers.
*When you ask for a kiss, its a big wide open one, YUMMY!
*She can be sweet and wild at the same time.
*She still takes two naps a day (as long as we are home for them).  One at 9:00, the other at 1:30/2:00ish.
*I still have her on formula cause I'm trying to use up all of what I have in my pantry.  She takes a bottle after breakfast, lunch and dinner.  It's usually about 5-6 ounces.
*She is the poopinist baby I've raised.  That means she poops all day long!
*She NEVER sleeps in her car seat.  She can be super tired but won't go to sleep. (She totally got that from me.  I like MY own bed and MY own house when I sleep!)  That's gonna have to change little Spunky!  We're too busy to not sleep in the car!
*She will take my cell phone and hold it up to her ear and pretend she is talking on it. (she totally got that from her Dad!)
*She waves, "Bye Bye" to anyone and everyone.
*When she is eating something that she really loves she will say, "mmmmmMMMMmmm."
*She is beyond loved in this house!

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY MISS B.!

No comments: