My kids have seriously been sick since the end of January. Each week it's a different kid. First it was Brody, sore throat, cough, congestion. Then Case, same symptoms. Then Brody again only this time add an ear infection, then Case, cough, congestion, wheezing. Then came Miss B. Cough, runny nose, congestion, and now we are back to Brody. I think the pediatrician was ready for me to get the heck out of his office this morning after I took Brody in for all the usual symptoms and ended up having him look at Ledger and Miss B. I have been to his office twice a week for the last 4 weeks. It's ridiculous!! Now we are starting to think Brody and Case have asthma. They both have appointments with an allergist who is extremely difficult to get in to. Each night this is what we have to do at our house. Actually, we are supposed to be doing this every 4 hours with both boys. It is a pain but seems to help them sleep better and feel better. Can't wait to see what the super popular allergist says! Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Know a good doctor? Any ideas about natural medications? Will they eventually grow out of this? I'm all ears!!
It looks worse then it really is...I promise!!
7 comments:
Poor Brody, that's no fun at all! We've dealt with it over here since Wyatt was 4. We don't do the every 4 hour treatment either unless he's having an attack & then I double the dose in the machine. If he does end up being diagnosed, make sure he gets an inhailer. It will save many trips home from games etc. I do love the machine though. Good luck!
I had one that kept having to do breathing treatments then they said asthma. The problem is they put it on there records when they just think it is the problem. Make sure they dont put it on there records till you find out if they do or dont. Also he has no problems now and has not for years!
You need to get those boys masks! The treatments work so much better and they can use their hands. (Mention it to the allergist, he will give you one.) I have also found doing treatments first thing in the morning and before sports and before bedtime is helpful if they do okay during the day time but are fitting a cold. If he has a really bad cold we due it every 3-4 hours. I am still looking for the no medicine cure.
-Heather
Oh goodness I hope everyone feels better soon! Nothing like school (and primary, haha) to catch all sorts of germs. Let me know if you need any help! :)
I hear ya girl! Ryker has to take the treatments until May!!! That sucks everyone has got it! I agree the mask works great for the treatments. I also like honey sticks from sprouts for coughs and sore throats. Good Luck!
YUCK we are doing the same thing here....Austyn has seasonal asthma and we got in with a allergy specialist in 3 weeks, he takes singlair everynight and coughs so much he throws up!!! I feel your pain!!! Hopefully the allergist will have some answers for our little guys!!
Oh, I'm so sorry! I had no idea you guys were sick. Sad. Hope they get well quickly. I don't have any advice, but Christian's nephew has asthma and has breathing treatments all the time and they work wonders! Good luck with the allergist.
Post a Comment