2/9/10

Heartprints

Heart-print:  the impression left behind by a deliberate act of kindness.
A Heartprint is formed when you do something kind.  Your love touches others, leaving heartprints behind.

After reading my post last week about the book "Somebody Loves You Mr. Hatch," my friend Jody asked me if I have the book Heartprints by P.K. Hallinan.  She let me borrow her copy which lead me right to Barnes and Noble to order my own (don't worry Ash, I ordered you one too!).  This book is such a good reminder of ways to be kind and show love towards others.  So for FHE last night, we read this story and discussed all the ways Jesus shows His love for us and the ways we can be like Him by showing love toward others.  We then played a fun LOVE game and had treats by the fire pit while wrapped in warm blankets.  It was a wonderful night for our family.  So....how many heartprints will you leave today?

2 comments:

shannoncrandall6 said...

I love that book! YOu are such a good mom Lindsey!

Ashley Asay said...

That's so funny you ordered me one. I'm so excited!! I went to our local library on Tuesday to get Somebody loves you Mr. Hatch and they didn't have it. I was so mad. They requested it for me from another library but said it probably won't be here before Valentine's Day. As I was reading your blog I was thinking, "dang, now I have to request another book and wait for it to come." I guess I still have to wait for my copy that you got me to come in the mail. =-) I'm so excited. Send it fast and go ahead and throw in the whole rest of the FHE lesson for me, too! =-)