2/7/09

"Tinky"



O.k. this is so weird.  Ledger is 19 months old now and for the past month, every time he has a stinky diaper, he runs in his room, gets a clean diaper, brings it to me and says, "tinky!" I change him and we're done.  If that's not weird enough, every time Ledger gets mad or frustrated, he runs in his room, slams the door, cries and then comes out like no big deal. Basically he gives himself a time out. Something else, Ledger is obsessed with throwing away trash. He walks around the house and finds scraps of paper, fruit snack wrappers, juice boxes, whatever, and throws them away.  He loves throwing stuff away!  (Is this how my wedding ring ended up in the garbage?) Is there something about these third children that makes them a little more independent?  Or is that Mom is just too busy to pay attention to him so he has to take matters into his own hands?  What ever the case, it's super funny and keeps us all laughing around here!  

5 comments:

Libby said...

I think that we could all use a little Ledger in our home. What a cutie. I'll remember that for the next time he hangs out with us. I'll just leave the wrappers around to keep him busy! Ha!

Airan said...

Can I send Kelson your way? He loves to throw things away too! But I am always having to listen to hear the can lid to open/close and check it to find out what's been thrown away! But can you have Ledger teach him the "Tinky" line??

Unknown said...

Wow, you have taught him right! Cooper does that with his diaper sometimes too, I hope maybe that's a good sign. He loves the trash can too but doesn't throw anything in it, but loves to empty it!! Coop is right behind Ledger, I love it. Keep telling me things to look forward too,k?

The Gerard Family said...

Sounds like Haydyn...I think they are ready to be potty-trained. I am just being Lazy and need to get on it!!I forget they share the same birthday!!!

Hillary from The Beauty Mark said...

Lindsey!! i'm so happy you have a blog! i loved reading all the cute stories about your boys...you are seriously SUPER MOM! Let me know if you decide to start giving how-to lessons on having a perfect family! Your boys are too cute!!