3/14/12

Spring Break

We headed up to the cabin this year for a few days of spring break fun. I always love coming up here and relaxing.  There is no bed making up here, no following the kids around picking up after them, and no running from one baseball practice to the next.  There are no piano lessons, music class, preschool, play school, scouts or church meetings.  I especially love that there are lots of Mom's here to help with making dinner, cleaning up dinner, feeding kids, bathing kids, changing kids, and wiping noses.
 We have a little inside joke up here at the cabin that Poligamy is really not such a bad thing.  Although we totally don't want anything to do with sharing the husbands, we like that there are plenty of women to help with the daily duties (as do our husbands). When we were up here at Christmas I was making trip after trip to the cute scrapbook store to buy supplies for the Primary teacher binders.  I was getting layers of paper, ribbon and buttons.  These primary folder covers were going to be a huge job but something I was excited to do.  By my third trip, the darling girl who owns the shop said to me, "This is going to be a huge project, I hope you have someone to help you."  Without thinking I responded, "Oh I have my Sister Wives here with me and they are going to help." She looked at me and said (with hesitation), "Ohhh, you're one of those?" I turned red as a beet  and started fumbling over my words.  I quickly explained that we call ourselves, "The Sister Wives" because at any given time there are 6 to 8 women at the cabin willing to help with anything. We laughed and I quickly ran out the door in embarrassment.
 The truth is, one of the reasons I love it up here is because my kids are completely entertained and I have help with the daily duties.  There is no make-up and the hair is ALWAYS in a ponytail or something like it.  The weather is perfect in the summer and snuggly in the winter. There are no rules about how long the WII can be on or how long the 3DS's can be played.  It is just fun and games at the cabin. My kids are making great memories up here and I am so happy we have a place to escape! 
 My grandparents were up here this year and my kids were loving it!  Brody taught GG how to play chess, Ledger read to G-Pa and Case learned to play scrabble on the IPad with Sugar.

3 comments:

Libby said...

Sounds like you guys are having a blast!

Anne said...

I love my 'sister wives' (big thanks to my brother for picking a good one!) It looks like you guys are having so much fun!

Katie said...

Sounds like a perfect getaway! Glad you had a fun spring break.