So you all know how passionate I am about kids and education. I loved teaching and would still be doing it if I wasn't raising these 4 wild turkey's of mine. My cousin Sarah and her cute family have been living in South Africa since July. Their experiences there have been amazing to say the least. She is raising money to buy gifts for the school children in South Africa and needs our help! Read her letter below and let me know if you are interested. I know we will be supporting her efforts



I have the amazing opportunity to volunteer at a school for less fortunate children here in South Africa. My friends and I are trying to put together a lunchbox full of necessities (i.e. toothbrush, toothpaste, soap), a piece of fruit, a treat and a small gift for these kids for Christmas. There are 175 children and while we are trying to keep expenses down it is getting a bit pricey. So I thought, why not ask my generous friends and family to help us out! If you are able too and interested a SMALL (we only need about $10 per child) donation would be greatly appreciated! Since it would be crazy to send the check here to SA, I am thinking it could be sent to my wonderful mother and then she could deposit it in my checking account (thanks in advance mom). Her address is 1551 N. Delmar, Mesa, AZ 85203. We plan to give them their gifts at a small party we are giving them on December 3rd. Sorry for the short notice :)
If there is excess funds it will all be given to the school to help with their abundant needs. It costs about $60 a month for each child to attend this school and many of the families can't pay. It is a Christian school that relies solely on donations. I love love love these kids and I am very impressed with how this school operates, especially because of their limited funds. Most of these kids are in such destitute situations that this school is there only real chance for a good future.
I have attached some pics...just to pull on your heart-strings!
I love ya and miss ya! Thanks for your help and feel free to forward this to anyone I may have accidentally left out or didn't have in my address book.
Love,
Sarah
1 comment:
Linz you are the best! Thank you so much for your help!!!!!!
Post a Comment