1/6/10

When Mom Has The Flu:

Monday night I came down with the flu.  I was sick all night Monday into Tuesday morning.  I'm feeling much better now thanks but here is what I now know:

When Mom has the flu:

*A 6 year old misses school.
*Because the 6 year old misses school, the school calls wanting to know where your child is.
*That phone call throws the Dad off and the Dad tells the school that the 6 year old is sick.
*Nobody brushes their teeth...ALL DAY.
*Boys wear p.j.'s until noon.
*When Dad realizes it's lunch time, he decides to dress the kids and go to lunch.
*After an hour of getting kids dressed, Dad decides to order a pizza.
*Kids eat Pizza Hut and ice cream for lunch.
*A baby gets a bottle EVERY TIME she fusses!
*Kids eat candy every time they ask for a snack.
*A trampoline is way more fun when Dad is jumping with you.
*Dishes fill the sink faster then normal.
*Juice boxes are the drink of choice.
*A kitchen floor is stickier then normal.
*Nobody takes a nap.
*It's movie day...ALL DAY!
*By 3:00 everyone is crying.
*By 3:00 Dad is super grouchy!
*Kids poop alot more when Dad is on duty (note diet above!)
*By 4:00 Mom can hear Dad mumbling, "There is too much shit around this house."
(his words, not mine!)
*At 5:00 Mom is worried about the well being of everyone in the house and decides the flu will have to wait.


Here is what I now know:
 If I were to die right now, this family would never eat another vegetable again in their life and their teeth would all fall out from not being brushed. 


13 comments:

Leah said...

:( Hope you feel better soon!

I've felt the same way. If I were to leave today my kids would live on graham crackers and Aizy would have a full diaper all the time!

It's a good thing we're here, right?!?

nevedobson said...

OH MY HECK!!!

i'm so sorry you got the flu but that was one of the FUNNIEST posts i've ever read! hahahaha.

cody and i were rolling.

glad you are feeling better.

Leslie said...

I am sorry you were down in the dumps but I had to laugh at this post as well!!

It definitely is hard to get sick and then have to recover your self and your house from it!!

Sara said...

OH...ain't it the truth! Moms cannot be sick. It's just not allowed. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Libby said...

Linds, that sounds like my house on a normal day-haha. I hope that you are feeling better!!!!!

Anne said...

Okay this is too funny! I love the comment about the baby bottles. I swear, that's just how Ben is- she's squawking, she must be hungry! Jeremy's comment about the stuff everywhere is hilarious...mostly because I've heard my dad say the *exact* same thing all my life. Haha. Glad you are feeling better- let me know if I can help you somehow!

The Gerard Family said...

LOL..that was so funny!! You crack me up...I hope you are feeling better and you are correct..MOMS cannot get sick!!! Have you noticed when the husbands do they can sleep and rest and when we do ...its OVER!!

Kristy Treible said...

You said it perfectly and why is it that when Dad's are sick they get to be treated as one of the kids being sick!! It's good Jer was able to stay home and help I think Dad's need to do that every now and then to know what it is like for us Mommy's who stay home with our kids everyday. Hope you are feeling better!

Ashley Harris said...

Ok, I was dying laughing through that whole post! Hope the rest of the week went a little smoother!

Airan said...

You just plain crack me up! This was the best post! It's amazing how the world stops when mommy is sick! I don't get sick very often, but I've come to realize, it's much easier to scrape myself off the couch (or floor!) and face the day as best I can! Glad you are feeling better!

Lindsey Wood-Felstead said...

What Lindsey failed to mention...
1) Dad has never claimed to be good at multi-tasking.
2) Dad never uses swear words around the children..(unless absolutely neccesary) they must have been neccesary.
3) Dad trusted the children to direct him on the daily activities around the house, evidently he was taken advantage of!
4) Dad thought candy was nutritous because the kids told him so.
5) Dad thought that Brody (the 6 year old) deserved a day off from school,... and the 6 year old agreed.
6) Dad read the label on the diaper box, and they are rated for up to 10 pounds!

Glad yor feeling better honey... Love your hubby-

Meg said...

I know! So true! I love the "It's movie day ALL DAY and by 3 o' clock everyone is crying, by 3 o'clock Dad is super grouchy." Glad you're feeling better. I was in your shoes last night and this morning. Can't wait to feel better and get my house back in order. :)

Meg said...

Oh, I just read Jeremy's post! Love #6! :)