1/21/10

Two Is Tough!!


This kid is a tough one.  His name is Ledger and he is driving me CRAZY!  He is 2 1/2 and naughty!  I shouldn't say naughty, I should say, "He's 2!"  I'm gonna brag for a minute here but I've never had a 2 year old.  You know the 2 year old that Mom's talk about.  The one that throws a fit at the grocery store, demands orange juice when you don't have any, screams at the top of their lungs when you are driving to preschool and can't do anything to help him.  I've never had one of those.  I've been able to talk my other 2 year olds out of most anything.  I was able to reason with them about problems that would arise.  Well not anymore.  This little man is giving me a run for my money.  He is stubborn, hard headed, LOUD, whiny, strong, smart and witty.  He is absolutely adorable which is the only thing saving him right now!! He is funny and loving and gives the best hugs and kisses ever!  When you kiss him he says, "No more kisses ahh you!"  He frequently says, "I love you" for no reason at all. He loves his big brothers and asks all day when they are going to be home.  Ledger loves to watch cartoons and can sing any song after hearing it just once.  He is a smartie!  I love him to death but hope I can help him make better choices and be more happy as he gets older.  I hope I can turn that grouchy face into a happy one. Mostly I hope I can keep him and Jeremy out of counseling for another year or so!!  

7 comments:

Kristy Treible said...

It's no wonder Tyla loves Ledger so much! Remember there is always one in every family and yes they are always so dang cute!

nevedobson said...

haha!

i can USUALLY reason with emmi, but every once in a while that terrible 2 monster uproots itself and some of the fits/tantrums she throws are just down right hilarious.

and the demanding orange juice thing... emmi does that with the snacks. i try to be a good little mom and have a selection of snacks on hand while out and about, but if i don't happen to have the right one, she just says, 'no, no, no,' over and over. i am CONSTANTLY telling her i can't make her snacks out of thin air. eat your pretzels.

haha.

LaNell said...

I love you Lindsey. I'm so glad you and Anne found each other. I love your style, wisdom, and ability.

Shannon said...

Sounds like he and Crew could be best friends! Lucky for him he has learned how to redeem himself pretty quickly!

Unknown said...

I feel like I wrote that entry,that's my Coop to a T. It must be the third child syndrome. ( I just made that up but it sounds good to me.) My other two were soo easy & then this little monster appeared out of no were. And your right, the only thing saving my little guy is his sweetness!! Good Luck

Anne said...

I hope it's not a third child thing because Will's going through the same things and he's my first! I'm just trying to be consistent and hoping it will pass!

Then yesterday Will asked to go on a quick trip to the store with my mom and said, "I be no trouble, no trouble at all!" And then the ladies at the fabric store even remarked how well behaved he was. Now that I write this I think I should be telling it to Sister Banks, not to you! Anyways, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you are an awesome Mom! I agree that Ledger is HANDSOME! He's lucky to have brothers to play with and will be all big and grown up soon!

Leslie said...

Luke is actually one of my better 2year olds but he too has his moments!! I think he might have created the biggest disaster last night but other then that he does pretty good compared to his brothers...Now Jacob, he's my problem child. He makes me want to pull my hair out and run away!! I am hoping he will grow out of it SOON!!